St. Peter’s Mission Statement
“St Peter’s is an active Catholic Community, inspired by the life of Jesus. It is a centre of excellence, where children learn and grow in a happy, secure and nurturing environment”.
Everyone is encouraged to strive to achieve individual excellence in all learning experiences.
To achieve this, the school community will:
- have high expectations and aspirations for everybody;
- recognise and encourage each other’s unique gifts;
- provide a learning environment that is stimulating, secure, fun, creative and challenging.
As part of the Catholic Church in Winchester our aim is to support all members of the School community in their journey of faith, by acknowledging and celebrating the presence and active love of God.
To achieve this:
- everybody will know that they are loved, valued and listened to;
- we will offer a curriculum and ethos that aims to develop the spiritual dimension of life;
- we will recognise the need to forgive and be forgiven;
- liturgy and prayer will be a central part of the daily life of the School.
As a Christian community we aim to reach out to parents, the community and the wider world.
To achieve this we will:
- work in partnership with parents, recognising that they are the first educators of their children;
- be an integral part of the mission of the Catholic Church in Winchester;
- respond to the need for peace, justice and charity;
- respect and value other faiths and cultures through the curriculum and the way it is taught.
These aims are encapsulated for all in our verse from Bishop Oscar Romero:
‘Aspire not to have more but to be more.’