The Governors work in partnership with the Headteacher, the Diocese and the LEA to secure the best possible education for every child in the school. The Governors provide an important link between the LEA, the Diocese, parents and the wider community.
The role of the Governors is similar to that of a Board of Directors and, together with the Headteacher, they make decisions on how the school is run. They are responsible for ensuring that the school has a broad and balanced curriculum, that the school is safe and secure, and that there is a pleasant environment in which children may learn.
The whole Governing body meet once per half term and the minutes of these meetings are available for you to read. They are to be found on the Parents Notice Board.
All Governors sit on one or more Committees. These are Admissions, School Improvement, Finance and Buildings, Health & Safety, Personnel and Transport.
The Governors produce a twice yearly Newsletter.
To click on Minutes to read the current minutes from the Governors Committee Meeting
Our Current Governing Body:
- Mrs T Backhouse (Chair of Governors, Foundation Governor)
- Mrs A Paterson – Vice Chair, Foundation Governor)
- Mrs R Corrie (Clerk to Governors)
- Mrs M Mulhall (Foundation Governor)
- Mrs M Rakowicz (Foundation Governor)
- Mr C Roberts (Parent Governor)
- Mr C Payne (Parent Governor)
- Rev Mike Gardner (LA Governor)
- Fr Mark Hogan (Foundation Governor)
- Mrs L Bright (Foundation Governor)
- Mr K Mahony (Foundation Governor)
- Mrs C Noonan (Associate Governor)
- Mr D Beo ( Headteacher) Governor
- Mr P Cheyne (Teacher Governor)
- Mrs M Hutchins Deputy Headteacher (Associate Governor)
- Mrs A Ennis [Associate Governor]