PARENT GOVERNOR VACANCY: Deadline 13th March 2018
We have a vacancy for a parent governor which we need to fill. Ben Terrell is one of our two elected parent governors and has been a very active and committed governor. His term of office ends at the end of the Spring term.
The governing body’s main tasks are:
- to ensure that the school has a clear Catholic vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- to hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- to oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Alongside the Foundation Governors appointed by the Bishop to ensure the Catholic nature and ethos of the school
In looking to fill this vacancy the governors of the school have identified the following skills, experience and attributes that they feel would help strengthen the governing body:
- Performance data analysis
- Financial reporting experience
- Personnel procedures
Parent governors are welcomed as valued members of the team and play a vital role in ensuring the governing body is aware of the views of parents and the local community. We feel sure that there are parents prepared to take on this important role and give their time and commitment to helping us to continue to improve the school’s performance.
Training and support will be available to help you develop into the role. This will include in-house mentoring and support as well as access to external governor training.
If you feel you can help in this capacity please contact the office for an application form which will need to be completed and returned to the school by 12.00 noon on Tuesday 13th March 2018
You should also look at the information for prospective governors on the Hampshire County Council website. Diocesan information on governors is found at http://www.portsmouthdiocese.org.uk/schools/governance.php
Please note that for the protection of children all governor appointments are subject to an identity check and DBS checks.If there are more applications than vacancies, we will hold an election and you will be sent a voting paper in due course.
You may return the ballot paper via your child or by post.