The Voice of St Peter’s School Students
We are the St Peter’s School Student Council. Our mission is to ‘Put Christ at the Centre’. This is easy to do because we have found so many ways to live out our beliefs.
Every year we have a newly elected Student Council who meet weekly. They bring not only their ideas, but also their enthusiasm. We are willing, ready and able to meet challenges and engage in campaigns that captivate us.
This year we have been participating in:
- Monthly visits and relationship development with the residents of Westacre care home
- Plastic-free Winchester conference
- Recycling of crisp packets for the school and community
- Recycling of plastic pens
- The Shoebox Appeal
- Harvest Mass Food Bank and Night Shelter collections
- Christmas Festival – our day full of fun at the end of the Autumn Term
- Fundraising for the Piam Brown Ward at Southampton University Hospital
- Development of a new Environment Plan for our school
- Links with the Sustainability Programme at the University of Winchester
- Support of Emmaus, our chosen Lenten charity
Our Student Council is “fun and exciting” explains Thomas G, and “always busy, full of new things to do” - Lily T. Iosu has said that he particularly enjoys visiting his new friends at Westacre care home.
As we respond each year to the Students’ Voices, our activities differ from year to year but always express our desire and belief to put Christ at the Centre of all we do and who we are as a school.