The Governors work in partnership with the Headteacher, the Diocese and the LEA to secure the best possible education for every child in the school. The Governors provide an important link between the LEA, the Diocese, parents and the wider community.
The role of the Governors is similar to that of a Board of Directors and, together with the Headteacher, they make decisions on how the school is run. They are responsible for ensuring that the school has a broad and balanced curriculum, that the school is safe and secure, and that there is a pleasant environment in which children may learn.
The whole Governing body meet once per half term and the minutes of these meetings are available for you to read.
All Governors sit on one or more Committees. These are Admissions Committee, Curriculum & School Improvement Committee, Resources Committee and Pay Committee.
The Governors produce a yearly Newsletter.
Our Current Governing Body:
- Mr Kevin Mahony (Chair of Governors, Foundation Governor)
- Mrs Mary Alveyn (Deputy Chair of Governors, Chair of Curriculum and Standards Committee, Chair of Admissions Committee, Foundation Governor)
- Father Mark Hogan (Foundation Governor)
- Dr Alexis Artaud de la Ferriere (Foundation Governor)
- Mr Paul Barker (Chair of Resources Committee, Parent Governor)
- Dr Fleur Jackson-Flo (Foundation Governor)
- Ms Emma Pugh (Parent Governor)
- Mr John Paul Foley (Foundation Governor)
- Miss Beth Welsby (Staff Governor)
- Miss Louise Buxton, Headteacher
- Mrs Megan Hutchins, Deputy Headteacher (Associate Governor)
- Ms Clair Cornhill (Clerk to Governors)