St Peter’s School Uniform
The governing body has reviewed St Peter's uniform policy to reflect guidance from the Department for Education.
Children at St Peter’s wear a uniform. Smart children helps make smart learning and smart behaviour.
We want uniform to be affordable, and so the PTA regularly hold second hand sales for our uniform with the logo, while the school office holds second hand uniform sales for non-logo uniform eg skirts, trousers and summer dresses. For details of these see Parentmail or our weekly newsletter, or speak to Mrs Macdonald in the office reception.
All items of clothing must be clearly marked with names.
Children may wear watches to school and small stud earrings are acceptable but, for safety reasons, these must be removed during P.E. and the school cannot be held responsible for any items that are lost. We ask that pupils leave all other jewellery at home.
- In class and walking round school, only school uniform is worn and shirts are tucked in at the waist.
- On colder days, alternative coats, fleeces, scarves, gloves, hats etc should be worn outside the school building.
- Hair is smart too. We call it ‘working hair’:
- It is in an appropriate style for school and must not reflect any extreme of fashion.
- Hair is free from hair product and dye.
- Long hair (shoulder length or longer) is tied back away from the eyes with a blue, black or white hair band, tie or clip.
- No make-up, thank you (this includes nail varnish).
- Friendship bracelets and necklaces are considered as jewellery and so are not allowed in school.
Where to get School Uniform
All items (marked with an asterisk *) with school logo, i.e. sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, P.E. kit, hats, waterproof fleeces are available from www.direct4logos.com only or by ringing 01794 511550 or visiting their unit @ Unit 44, Romsey Industrial Estate, Greatbridge Road, Romsey S051 0HR. Skirts, pinafores, trousers etc can also be purchased from major chain stores. Uniform can be ordered from the school office if internet access is unavailable.